The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Snow, Adventures In Gingerbreading, And An Imagine Update

We got snow.

Ok, give me a break: we live in BC for crying out loud.

And, while you may think you only see refined sugar (products) on these houses, I can assure you that you are mistaken. Tait, yesterday at the store was adamant that we purchase prunes (like the kid needs help in that area), among other non-sugar items. No kidding.

The decorating was a blast. Mostly because there was no disputing about whether or not to eat candy, they simple did not...(and they didn't even ask...only ate a very few pieces upon encouragement - I know! Seriously, I love that).

I think this was my favourite Gingerbread Housing afternoon ever because of the pure creativity and originality that went into each of the boys' houses. Mine is anal. Would you expect any less? The pink and brown roof caps perfectly colour coordinated make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm just twisted like that. Tracy simply worked with and around the boys...wouldn't expect anything less. You are such the gentle soul, Tracy. But the honest, "I think this goes here" feeling in the room was pure.

'Tis the season.

Oh - and our final (yes, I promise this time absolute sign, sealed, and as close as we'll get to our referral without actually getting it, delivered) hurdle was passed today. The province of Ontario has officially relicensed Imagine Adoption to facilitate International Adoptions. PTL.

I'm not sure you may realize the enormity of this feat. Being accredited as an International Adoption Agency includes a mile-long, many dozens (likely more) of points checklist which is no simple task. It's like that 1000 piece puzzle you never want to begin for fear of misplacing one of those tiny pieces. Except ours is all together as one big, beautiful picture.

Last week's news included information that Imagine anticipates referrals beginning much before the proposal's outlined March 2010 date. So, roll on January and February.

2010 is proving to be a decade to remember already.

No comments: