The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Monday, December 14, 2009

It's Beginning To Sound A Lot Like Christmas

As I hear shrieks of laughter in the background, (please, please let them continue and not end in tears) whilst singing along with Raffi to Frosty The Snowman, I am feeling a true sense of Christmas in the air.

This weekend included a whirlwind trip to the mainland to celebrate the 60th birthday of truly, the youngest 60 year old I know. (And, I'm not just saying that because she is my Mum or because it means that in a few days I'll hit a milestone, too.)

Pre-party, we hit Stanley Park and rode the Christmas Train enjoying all that the lights of this annual event. Perhaps it was that afternoon, coupled with Raffi, and the new fallen snow (not to mention the icy near-miss on the way home from town an hour ago) that are making it feel and sound a lot like Christmas.

(Adoption updates to follow this week...last week's update email was relatively anti-climactic, but we are still moving in the right direction...and that, people, is ahead. We are moving ahead. But you already knew that.)

No comments: