The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cloud 9

Ok, so today's news pales in comparison to what our referral will feel like but I am on Cloud 9.

For some reason I had it in my head that a year after Ministry Approval, our homestudy would need to be updated. I also had it in my thick brain that this meant a couple of interviews and of course quite a cost. And man, am I elated to be a real question-asker. I usually see myself as a nuisance - wanting to know more than is necessary and thinking way ahead of what is truly needed.

Today, my anal-tendencies paid off big time. Emailing our social worker about it 3 months before our anticipated homestudy-update would be needed, I just had to know.
  • When would our homestudy officially need updating
  • How many interviews would be needed...how much time should this all take
  • What is the cost
Our social worker's reply took the weight of the world off my shoulders.

Yes, an update is required at the one year (from Ministry Approval) date. This will be late August.

The update will include:
  1. a short phone call
  2. an even shorter form she will fill out
  3. no cost
Seriously people.

I Am On Cloud 9.

2 comments:

Steve Tait said...

Excellent news!

John and Andrea said...

Hey guys, that's so exciting you don't have to go through all that process again! Hang onto that cloud hey? :) We're coming over for the open house so we'll see you soon!