The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Blink

I had one of those dreams the other night. The kind that leave you feeling peaceful. You know? The thing with dreams though is they never stick around in your mind that long, do they? And they are always so hazy.

The recollection of mine didn't come until I'd been up for a good half hour. Suddenly it was in the forefront of my mind. Vivid. Detailed.

There she was. Being handed to me. Smiling, unsure but still smiling. Sweet. Small. Mine.

And the world was calm for just a split second. It stood still as I held her and felt a peace I'd not known in quite some time. The moment of pure when a Mama holds her own for the first time.

And, as fast as it came, so it was gone. Now the details blur together. But the moment of peace remains.

While I won't stake any prophetic territory, I've had some pretty spot-on moments of REM in my time and so I'll take this as reassurance.

All this, in the blink of an eye.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Sounds like a lovely moment.

I had something similar in a dream however it got all warped when she was so tiny, she fit into my hand.

Janice