The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Friday, February 5, 2010

I Have A New Favourite Number (it will change again in February)

You'll remember a couple days ago I mentioned eating up the bi-monthly Imagine updates?

Seriously people.

My new favourite number: 14.

This would be the number of referrals given in the month of January alone.

Anyone up for a game of elementary math?

Another new favourite number: 37.

Our new number on the "list". (Don't forget, this is not descending necessarily in chronological order but it gives us an idea of their timeline.)

As if it isn't enough that I tear up every time I hear about a referral (and I didn't know there were nearly that many this month,) this list has again humbled me. It has reminded me (as a great friend often does when I need to be checked)...

...God has our little girl.

The rest is just details.

2 comments:

shannon said...

Yes what a wonderful afternoon it has been .

14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love it .

I think I now understand the real reason we had to learn word problems in school. I never attack math as fast as I did this afternoon,

If there where 14 referrals in January and you are #60.
How many months till you see her face.......

Have a great weekend.
Shannon

Ashleigh said...

Shannon...we were 51 and now we're more like 37!!...no 60s for us :)