The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Please Conspire With Me Again

You may remember Advent Conspiracy from last year. I am passionate about this true reason for Christmas and the organization is fantastic.



The notion to post about Advent Conspiracy has been lurking in the back of my mind over the past couple of weeks but I didn't want to jump the gun.

Except now I can't help it.

I am moved again. Near tears, I am reminded of the materialism that seems to quietly embed itself all year and then show it's true, nasty face as it evidences itself around now.

So here we go.

Along the lines of the Be Rich Project which Katie is talking about, I would ask that you would join along with me to celebrate Advent Conspiracy in your own way.

Be touched as you watch the 2009 video and dig deep down inside to see what you can challenge yourself, your family, and your friends to do. We all have a responsibility to leave this world better than when we entered it. What a simple way to worship. What an easy way to better mankind. What a perfect example to set for your kids. What a contagious way to spread joy as the season approaches.

No comments: