The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Friday, February 11, 2011

Trusting Again. With A Capital "T".

trust
[truhst]
-noun
  1. reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence
  2. confident expectation of something; hope
  3. a person on whom or thing on which one relies: God is my trust
  4. the obligation or responsibility imposed on a person in whom confidence or authority is placed: a position of trust
This journey which has, from day one, claimed to not be for the faint of heart is more like a journey not for the faint of faith. Imagine has merged (well, has started the process of doing so) with Mission Of Tears.

When I first lay eyes on the title of the email early this week, my heart skipped a beat. In a good way. Light in the future. Hope of a future. Strength in numbers - staff, finances, years of experience combined with knowledge - was one of my first thoughts.

I am intuitive. My gut is very often right. I have learned to trust it and it has not failed me in the past.

I read through the Press Release and the FAQs and while there were approximately a million questions (give or take), the feeling of "this is good...this will be good" resounded within my gut, my heart, and my head. (I could be in the minority...)

Growing pains? Likely.

Perfect? No. (What is?!)

Ideal? Definitely not. (I think we kissed ideal goodbye in July 2009.)

Sadness intertwined? Yes. (We will have to say goodbye to several staff who have seen us through thick and thin...all the while supporting us families to the best of their ability.)

Immediately after the bankruptcy I had some brief communication with MOT and I felt supported and encouraged. I am thankful for this opportunity. I am grateful for hope of a future of experiencing wee Ethiopian orphans united with family...of experiencing the miracle of our wee Ethiopian united with her family. I have to remain confident...because this was the plan all along. Although likely none of us saw it coming.

So, there you have it...a merger.

Trusting another new agency.

Hoping for our miracles.

Praying with faith and knowing with confidence that this has always been part of the plan.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I too think that this will be a good thing. I'm pretty sure they both parties thought long and hard about this and figured it was the best outcome. Would love for you to get your referral soon. We need some traveling buddies.

Shanie said...

I think its good too! Welcome to the MoT team! :)

Samual said...

I got useful information from your Blog. The notary services can witness some other types of legal documents like affidavits, oaths, and acknowledgments.