The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Monday, September 5, 2011

Food Run - The Sequel

We don't know when it's going to happen...but prayerfully sometime in the next several weeks we will get a call telling us our (Makeda's) Visa is in and we can go pick her up. I'll get on the next plane humanly possible.

Without going into detail, I feel I can share that Makeda will still be at the orphanage when we arrive to pick her up. Inevitably (likely via photos) you'll find out about this and I don't feel it's a secret I cannot share. The circumstances regarding the reasons for her still being there are understandable and not overly concerning. That said, we want her in our arms - with us - as soon as we can.

I digress.

Prior to picking her up, I'd like to relive the "17,000 not 7000" experience again.

It was incredible for everyone. We were blessed and changed more than we could ever have imagined that day. And, while Makeda will leave the orphanage with us we feel the "pay it forward" slogan holds tremendous weight here. Others (parents) before her (us) have done this and we feel the weight of importance to be great. This is highlighted by the current crisis, undoubtedly.

We've been the recipients of financial gifts for this upcoming trip already - friends who experienced the impact via photos and words. And we will continue to do this until I leave for Ethiopia.

If you'd like to be a part of this, please either leave me a comment or send me an email.

Thanks friends - I know I say this all the time but...we are so so so very close.

No comments: