...well, maybe not here in rural Crofton with a booming population of 2,500, zero traffic lights and only a couple of local "essentials" stores. Yet, most of the world is emanating this "oh crap what is that smell and why does my child have asthma already?" sentiment and fear.
While Steph and Matt are running around North America to raise environmental awareness (that's the condensed version) I will do what I can here in my humble abode. After all, each little action adds up and more importantly - the example I set for my children will impact them more than my words ever will. I admit to trying, truly I do.
- I turn off lights when not in a room.
- I don't leave water running unnecessarily.
- I recycle...well, not as much as I should but I'm working on it.
- I walk and don't drive, when at all possible.
- I do not buy pre-packaged.
- I don't use my dryer unless it's absolutely necessary.
My Action for you, Steph and Matt;
My effort to teach my children;
My desire to make the earth a greener and cleaner place to live;
My need to be a better person by caring about the earth's problems;
For those reasons, I present to you my newest endeavor and serious goal. A casual attempt made in the past. Now taken to a whole new level...
Hung To Dry On The Line, Thanks To A Beautiful October Day
- Bought on Consignment...
- Never bleached...
- Never tumble dried...
- Never (to be) thrown into a landfill...