The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Sunday, October 19, 2008

More Notes On Thankfulness

I love this poem sent to me from a friend...thank you, Andrea!

I am Thankful For...

... the mess after a party because it means that I am surrounded
by friends,

... the taxes I pay because it means I'm employed,

... the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means that
I have enough to eat,

... my shadow who watches me work because it means that I am out
in the sunshine,

... a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and
gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home,

... the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because
it means that I am capable of walking and have been blessed with
transportation,

... my huge heating bill because it means I am warm,

... all the complaining I hear about the government because it
means I have freedom of speech,

... the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it
means that I can hear,

... the piles of laundry and ironing because it means I have
clothes to wear,

... the alarm that goes off early in the morning hours because
it means that I'm alive,

... weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because
it means that I am capable of working hard,

... and ultimately I am thankful for Jesus and the horror of the
cross because it means that I can spend eternity in heaven.

No comments: