The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Still In Training

In case you were wondering through all this gong-show that has been our journey, I do still plan on tearing up the pavement in about 24 days time. Not that I'm counting down or anything.

You may recall, I am running to raise money for our local agency who is a registered charity through the RVM for the first time ever. Funds raised will go towards helping kids in our foster system and also with humanitarian aid in a village in Nepal. (There must have been a shorter way to phrase that.)

The running's been enjoyable. The summer was bright, warm, and the roads inviting...with the exception of a few dogs at whom I fearlessly yelled my guts out. (I also carry dog repellent - also known as bear mace - in case you were wondering.)

The fall has brought with it cooler, damp, dark mornings. The end of summer, the lengthy waiting while the restructuring has been planned and the wait for the passing of the proposal has been hard on this girl. (I am eternally grateful for this "second chance" as in-limbo as it may be...so please don't mistake that as complaint.) So while I am still thankful for this time alone to think, pray, and stay fit, I will bid farewell to this 75 km/week regime with a happy hand. Of course continuing to run has always been and will continue to be part of my days, weeks, and life, though the distance will diminish.

As we wait out these last few days to see if the proposal will be actualized, I will decrease the number of paces needed. Giving the body rest is more important right now that seeing how far the legs can go.

Roll on Thanksgiving. I want to get this bad boy behind me.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

oh man you really are type A+. get some sleep!