The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Friday, June 12, 2009

Thought Full

I've always been shocked at how much kids understand and pay attention. Especially when we assume they aren't listening - they continue to impress, amaze, and scare me...just a little.

Today for example, trapped in the jogger with a few minutes to kill before heading out I decided to clip Tait's nails. Noah leaned forward to watch over what I was doing and reassure Tait that it doesn't actually hurt.

"No. Sit back, Noah" Tait said..."I'm cranky".

My two year old telling his (almost!) four year old brother he is cranky and warning him to back off? Wow.

And yesterday the boys and I headed up to what is currently referred to as Nana's Room, (but will someday soon be their little sister's room). We had to hang a beautiful new shirt just given to us. As we admired her clothes, (and she's doing quite well in that department I must say) Noah made the keenest of observations. Just as I had finished commenting on all her lovely dresses, skirts, and sweaters, Noah reminded me in the sweetest of concerned tones...

"But Mama, our baby sister doesn't have any pajamas..."

You're right Noah, she doesn't.

1 comment:

Lola said...

Today Anna Kate said

"I'm not going to drop the baby" as she went to go hold my friend's newborn. "um... ya, I don't think so".

She keeps asking when we can get on the airplane to go back.

My tomatoes are slowly greening up again.