The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Terrible Twos?

I don't know.

Tait's definitely been a handful since day 1. Slept less than Noah. Ate more than Noah. Cried more than Noah. Weighed a ton.

He's also followed the examples set by his older brother. He shares well. He empathizes with characters in our books, when they are sad. He is over the moon when he knows Nana is coming to visit. He cries when we leave Daddy at camp.

Yesterday didn't mark any sort of fright line-in-the-sand for me. I'm not concerned that this coming year will be a more challenging year than the past. Tait's mastered "no" and he already has "mine" perfected. I'm sure there will be little hurdles along the way, but I don't see it as anything to be nervous about.

He's a crazy, energetic, enthusiastic, motivated kid. With a kind heart towards others and little legs that can outrun me around the house...two is going to be great.

1 comment: