The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Every Good Thing Must Come To And End

Though I am a strong advocate of healthy. Though I feed my children nothing sugar-filled. Though I know there is an obesity epidemic that is spreading into Canada and I believe it is our, the parents' fault.

And, though I am mindful about what my boys eat...

...I also love tradition.
...I know Christmas is a once-a-year, special season.
...I think that treats are fun for everyone once in awhile.
...I want my kids to carry on the tradition passed along to me.

...And since we are going away tomorrow.
...And since it is over a week old.
...And since I just can't handle picking at the little bits of candy anymore.

This was their after lunch treat of the week...month...perhaps year.

No comments: