The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Distraction. Anything Will Do.

It's one of those days. No reason that it should be different from yesterday or tomorrow. It should be an anticipation-filled day, what with a hot date in the evening's forecast.

Yet, unfortunately the excitement originally felt by the decision and execution of the age increase, along with the jitters from a couple referrals (which actually affect us) are both long gone.

I find there's a fine line between seeking and waiting with anticipation for more referrals and feeling the guilt of greed. And, I think it's a legitimate guilt. So, here I find myself in quite the conundrum. Wanting more yet feeling guilty for not continuing to be thankful for the couple recently realized.

The youngest requested the creation of Banana Cookies. And, while I'd never heard of such a thing, the object of the game currently is: distraction of any shape, sort, or kind.

Plus, there is truly nothing a girl can't google and then alter.

The outcome was actually quite successful. The task somewhat time consuming. The recipe healthy. The activity kid friendly. The morning enjoyable.

Healthy Banana Cookies

3 ripe mashed bananas
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
cinnamon & nutmeg & salt

Bake at 400 on non-greased cookie sheets for 5 minutes, remove from oven and press down gently with fork. Continue to bake for 8 minutes or until they begin to brown. We made 24.

And now the ache has returned so it's off to find more to fill the void, to seek fulfillment from Above, to be content in the here and now.


3 comments:

7gmama said...

Will be trying out "Tait's cookies". They are something I can have.

Mama

Janice said...

I read your comment on my blog and just had to write back. Your latest post brings tears to my eyes because I know how hard it is to fill the void and I know exactly how you feel about wanting to just be thankful for every day and all the blessings that you have but it's so hard to hear nothing day after day after day especially when you know you are so close.
I used to try to keep myself out of the house every morning just so I didn't feel like I was waiting for the phone to ring but then when I would return and see that there were no messages I would feel so sad and defeated. Just know that one day the call will come and you will be overflowing with happiness and joy. The memories of the tough and very long wait never goes away but at least after your referral, you can begin to look towards the future. I can't wait to hear your news... And I am going to try to make those cookies. : )

Anna said...

Those cookies look very yummy! Don't feel badly for feeling guilty; I understand the mixed emotions. The wait is so hard- I know. It's exciting that there has been more referrals- yours is coming!!! Trust in Him for his perfect timing and seek Him to fill the void. (and keep making yummy cookies)! Keeping you in my prayers.