The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Sunday, March 29, 2009

To Whom Much Is Given...

I was tired.

Last week I was done.

Needed a break - a blogging hiatus if-you-will.

I was tired of 3 weeks of disheartening Monday morning Agency emails.

I was tired of slow moving referrals and "no news".

I was tired of being asked if there is anything new with the adoption.

I was tired of trying to guess when we will find out who SHE is.

I was tired of fighting children, rain, cold, overwhelming workload and sickness.

I was just simply tired.

Today. Sunday, the day of rest.

A day when the sun was shining as I woke.

A day of family.

A day of peace.

A day set apart from the chaos, simply for us.

Today, I am reminded...

To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

With a deep breath, I will seek the forest for the trees. (It's going to be a stretch for awhile.)

I will be reminded of the seasons of life.

I will separate myself from the "woes" of adoption for the time being. Focus on ours, not others'.

I will focus on the "when" and not the "if" of our referral timeline.

I will seek to serve rather than dwell in pity parties.

I'm still tired.

I'm still listening to the same children raging against the BC Spring weather.

I'm still aware that while the sun shines today it will likely be drowned by rain tomorrow.

I still have work sitting in the bag at my feet.

But the sun today brings calm.

Today I am reminded of all I have.

Today is brighter.

Today I am becoming more aware that...

To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

No comments: