The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Six Years Ago Today...It Snowed

Six years ago today I may or may not have been busy doing several things.

On March 8, 2003...

...I may or may not have woken up like any other morning and gone for a run
...I may or may not have gone to get my hair done with a few lifelong friends
...I may or may not have come home and put on a very beautiful dress and paid a little extra attention to my make-up
...I may or may not have waited for a limo driver who may or may not have showed up stoned (?!) and late, only to then instead hop in my little red Beetle with my Dad
...I may or may not have been a key part of a ceremony with a pastor who misspoke a few times and shared a unique (and hilariously perfect!) message. The message may or may not have included reference to "cleavage" (oops, I think the intention was to cleave to one another), and "running around naked in front of each other" (and I think the idea was to hide nothing from one another).
...It may or may not have snowed!!!

And, while many events may or may not have happened...

I definitely got married.

I definitely made the best decision of my life.

I definitely became a better person.

Happy Anniversary Honey!!

4 comments:

Niki said...

Sweet post! Happy Anniversary, Ashleigh and Ben!

And here is the Pumpkin Butter recipe you wanted to try (from this great healthy eating site www.katheats.com). I still need to try your granola recipe. Maybe I'll get off the computer and do it right now! :)

Homemade Pumpkin Butter

-Very scant 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin

** The above measurements are approximations. I usually just eye-ball everything according to my tastes.

-Combine everything except pumpkin in microwave-safe bowl. Mix well, and microwave on high for three minutes.
-Remove from microwave (Carefully!) and stir really well.
-Stir in pumpkin well, and microwave on high 5 minutes.
-Remove from microwave (Even more carefully!), stir, and let cool.

John and Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary Guys!!! Wow time flies hey?

Steve Tait said...

This is so great! Happy Anniversary you two!!

FTD said...

I hope you had a Happy Anniversary! I was thinking of you guys yesterday :)