The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Up

I've needed an Up for a few days. The 2011 positivity is still there. A new year. A clean slate. A fresh outlook. It's all great in that respect.

But the reality is still apparently. We are still waiting. Still seeking. Still praying.

We get closer...we've nearly perfected that routine. Closer and closer, still...not quite there. Within reach - nearly - but not attained.

Moments of hope and elation of thoughts (a call) to come followed by moments of slight despair (will the call ever come) followed still but the security found solely in faith.

Uncertainty and exhaustion remains.

So, heads bowed we share it, lift it all up to The One who understands the desires of our hearts. Who seeks nothing but the best for us. He, who knows.

And we continue to wait.

And, hands full with His word, we seek wisdom. Letters forming words, phrases to remind us of Sovereignty. Of hope. Of truth.

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
-hebrews 4:16

My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning I will direct my prayer to You, and I will look up.
-psalm 5:3

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your frustration. We are also waiting , waiting and some more waiting. And constantly trying to explain to others. Oh so frustrating.

Anna said...

Oh the wait is so hard, I know. The Lord hears your prayers and they all get answered- in His time. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Ashleigh, how close are you guys now???

You must be getting up there on that long list, right?

I hope so!!

Happy New Year. :)