The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Open House 2008

Yesterday was a big day in the Keizer household. I gave Tait his first haircut...bye bye curls...and...

Qwanoes had it's annual Open House. Typically the weather is inclement but yesterday was the exception! It was incredible. Attendance around 1200, people were spread out as far as we could see. In a way it reminded me of Disneyland w/ the happy "kiddies noises". One friend bravely brought her 3 kids (around 5yrs and under) by herself and her eldest, when he found out it was time to leave, started running away from her yelling, "I'm never going home!" I think that's hilarious.

The boys had a great time running around, playing with staff (a definite bonus in the summer!) and the 3 of us got our faces painted...ironically with a sun.

On the adoption front, I have my homestudy meeting w/ our social worker alone on Monday...and it will be our 6th one! Yay!!

No comments: