The place God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.
-Buechner

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

For A Brief Time

hi-a-tus [hahy-ey-tuh s]

-noun, plural -tus-es, -tus.
  1. a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.
  2. a missing part; gap or lacuna: Scholars attempted to account for the hiatus i the medieval manuscript.
  3. any gap or opening

I feel a desire, perhaps a need right now to refocus.

Focus down toward my children.

Focus across at my husband.

Focus forward at the next 8 1/2 weeks of ministry.

Focus up.

Always and constantly a focus heavenward.

Yes, there must be more of that.

The lapse could be short lived. Perhaps not. I'll still be around. The need for more presence in other places, with other people is more pressing than the need here. Certainly. A break for this Mama is necessary. Email, FB, old school telephones are still just a click away - as am I.

For now, in this moment of this glorious sunshine-filled evening with the hum of the mower in the background and the shrieks of the children ever joyful, it is clear that my presence is needed elsewhere. And there it shall remain for a brief time.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Enjoy your hiatus - sounds like you have some very worthy diversions. Hope you have a great summer, and I look forward to following along when you re-join blog-land :)

FTD said...

I look forward to seeing you next week to hear about all your 'worthy diversions' :)
When you do come back to blogging...I'm sure you'll have to do a series of stories to paint the pictures of summer for all of your followers :) Looking forward to that too!